Thursday, September 6, 2007

SenSpa Review

A couple of weekends ago, Alicia and I took an afternoon and went up to enjoy our time at Senspa. Senspa is a relatively new day spa in San Francisco in the Presidio located right across from Lucas Studios. The surroundings once you walk inside are immediately grounding. It was as though I had gone through the experience of all the stress and anxiety to catch a plane and when I finally get seated-- I exhale. When I arrived in Senspa, I exhaled, letting out all the pent-up tension and stress of pushing deadlines, projects, and plans forward at The Vitality Center.
After we arrived, the attentive staff gave us a tour that made us feel comfortable and very much at home. The surroundings are serene with earth tones and with open quiet spaces. There is a feeling of opulence without the ostentation. Other guests I encountered in the waiting areas were friendly and unpretentious.

By the time we took a 10-minute steam and showered in the high-tech 5-point shower, I was ready for my deep-tissue body work session. On the spa menu of services, there were at least half a dozen different types of treatments you could get. I received a session called, "Legs, legs legs", where the therapist focuses on the lower body. That's something I've never seen on any other spa menu. It was certainly pleasurable and made my legs tingle with new circulation all weekend long. Alicia got a different treatment that helped her relax from her busy time at Que SeRaw SeRaw.

In every nook and corner, there were small Zen messages that remind guests of how important it is to take care of the inner you with healthy thoughts, healthy choices, and healthy food. They even have exotic tea and healthy munchies in the cooling off area after the treatment. All-in-all, I give Senspa 4.5 out of 5 stars. The other half star would have been valet parking.

No comments: